The cryptocurrency markets are at last witnessing solid two-way business after a rough week across the markets.
The market capitalization of all cryptocurrencies fell 40 percent to $276 billion on Feb. 6 – the lowest since Nov. 26. However, the value has recovered over the last seven days of trading to $400 billion, a figure that, while not quite the weekend low, is still 13 percent below weekly highs.
Despite the turmoil, a few names (from the top 25 currencies as per market cap) like bitcoin cash, lisk, and litecoin managed to etch out gains on the back of the upbeat fundamental news. Meanwhile, the losers are dominated by small caps like populous and ICON.
Last Week’s best performers
- Weekly Performance: 20.92 percent
- All-time high: $39.31
- Closing price on Jan. 2: $21.41
- Current market price: $25.89
- Rank as per market capitalization: 14
- Weekly Performance: 12.98 percent
- All-time high: $484.78
- Closing price on Jan. 2: $110.23
- Current market price: $124.54
- Rank as per market capitalization: 19
- Weekly Performance: 12.82 percent
- All-time high: $375.29
- Closing price on Jan. 2: $131.38
- Current market price: $148.23
- Rank as per market capitalization: 6
The risk of loss in the trading of stocks, options, futures, foreign exchanges, foreign equities, and bonds can be substantial and is not suitable for all investors. Trading on margin or the use of leverage is not suitable for all investors and losses exceeding your initial deposit is possible. Supporting documentation is available upon request. Trading futures, options on futures, and foreign exchanges involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Carefully consider whether trading is suitable for you in light of your circumstances, knowledge, and financial resources and only risk capital should be used. Opinions, market data, and recommendations are subject to change at any time. The lower the margin used the higher the leverage and therefore increases your risk. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results.